Student Wellness empowers students to make healthy decisions about their substance use behaviors that affect them and the Carolina community as a whole. We focus on reducing the high risk behaviors and promoting safe, legal, and responsible actions. We utilize a non-judgmental harm reduction approach to preventing alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse, which aims to reduce the negative consequences of high-risk alcohol and other drug use on the Carolina Community.
Our services include:
- EverFi Modules
- BASICS: a non-confrontational program to help students identify risks associated with their alcohol and/or drug use and ways to eliminate or reduce these risks.
- Alcohol and other drug educational workshops for student groups and organizations. Request a workshop here!
- Carolina After Dark (CAD): Late night programs and events, Thursday-Saturday.
- The Carolina Recovery Program: A community-based program that supports students in entering and maintaining substance use recovery while on campus.
- Campus Community Coalition: Partnership and initiatives to reduce substance use, including data collection and policy development.
- Assessment and Research: Including CORE Survey and National College Health Assessment (NCHA).