To encourage a community that supports continued recovery, academic excellence, and a commitment to serving the greater UNC community, the Carolina Recovery Program provides each student a customized success plan, staff and peer support, and proactive recovery focused programing. Our goal is to enable our students to enjoy a normal substance-free collegiate experience while excelling at UNC-CH. We believe this recovery program experience will reconnect emerging leaders with their passion to make a difference in the world.
We acknowledge all paths to recovery, while embracing the 12 step, abstinent based model of recovery.
The Carolina Recovery Program provides an accepting, nurturing environment where students in recovery can thrive personally, shine academically, and develop enduring resiliency for continued success.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing recovery, academic resources, and other support services to students
- Fostering a sense of fellowship between students
- Connecting students to the campus and local community through service projects and research opportunities
- Providing programing that is designed to develop resiliency and help protect our students recovery
- Serving as the model program for the state of North Carolina and a model for the creation of recovery communities throughout the UNC system
We have exciting plans for the 2016 - 2017 School Year
- Weekly Carolina Recovery Group meetings – This is a student group associated with the Recovery Community, see link under related links!
- Wellness Wednesdays, puppies in the Pit first Wednesday every month
- "No Rivals in Recovery" sober tailgates
- Study and final exam prep workshops hosted by the Learning Center
- Recovery focused career services workshops hosted by Career Services
- Etiquette tips and dinners
- Ropes challenge course, hiking, rock climbing, and other various fun outdoor activities
- Trips to NCCYPAA, the North Carolina Conference of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous, Rally for Recovery in Raleigh NC
- Final Exam study halls with stress reduction activities
See our Calendar of upcoming events at CRP Calendar